Call for Travel Vouchers to attend INCOBRA Brokerage Event (EU)
Travel Vouchers available for European and Brazilian companies interested in EU-BR cooperation in IoT related sectors (smart cities, health, heritage)
- Since: May 17, 2017
- Deadline: May 31, 2017
Contact: Chiara Davalli, firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Date: May 16, 2017
INCOBRA is a EU funded project which aims to increase and enhance Research & Innovation (R&I) Cooperation Activities between Brazil (BR) and European Union (EU) R&I actors, so that both regions get the best value out of the mutual cooperation.
To that scope, INCOBRA organises several initiatives to let European and Brazilian R&I players coming together and explore potential cooperation opportunities. Among them are the INCOBRA Brokerage events is an unique opportunity for BR and EU innovation players to meet and explore promising R&I cooperation opportunities.
The first INCOBRA brokerage event will be organised in Europe during the EBN Annual Congress 2017 “Open Ecosystems for Innovation”, taking place in Enghien-Les-Bains (France) from 5th to 7th July 2017.
The event will comprise:
- An info-session on EU-BR STI cooperation opportunities
- An Open Startups Exhibition programme
The Open Startups Exhibition Programme is dedicated to 40+ SMEs from Europe and beyond interested to get visibility (having a stand in the exhibition area) and meet potential partners (B2B and B2I meetings during the brokerage event).
Moreover, companies will get the unique opportunity to attend the whole conference, by networking with 300+ delegates representing incubators, tech-parks, corporates, networks, universities, policy makers, listening to inspiring talks, learning about EU funded opportunities and innovation trends.
INCOBRA will support interested SMEs from both EU and Brazil by providing limited travel vouchers, enabling their participation to the conference.
1.1 | INCOBRA TRAVEL VOUCHERS: FOCUS & SCOPE
INCOBRA is committed to support European and Brazilian companies interested in exploring potential cooperation opportunities in the following sector (and sub sectors):
- Internet of Things
- Smart Cities
- Health and Wellness
INCOBRA has therefore a limited amount of financing available to support matchmaking and networking between EU and Brazilian companies with the aim of:
- Scouting and building stronger and long term partnerships between European and Brazilian R&I players on priority areas of the EU-Brazil bilateral policy dialogue on Science, Technology and Innovation (ST&I).
- Promoting the EU-Brazil cooperation opportunities for R&I players and relevant funding mechanisms.
- Providing visibility to high potential growth companies from Europe and Brazil, interested in going international.
1.2 | SUPPORT OFFERED BY INCOBRA TO SELECTED CANDIDATES
INCOBRA will provide travel vouchers to a selection of Brazilian and European companies.
- Ten Brazilian companies can get reimbursed up to a maximum of 1800€ each for their travel and accommodation costs.
- Ten European companies can get reimbursed up to 400€ each for their travel and accommodation costs.
- Participation to the congress programme free of charge (including coffee breaks and lunches), this doesn’t include Thursday gala dinner.
Grant will be available as expenses reimbursement.
Specifications about the costs that can be covered with INCOBRA travel vouchers:
- Air travel: Economy class fares on the basis of the shortest and most economical fare available
- Local travel: Airport – Hotel ; Hotel - meeting venue
- Staying: Up to 2 nights in hotel
INCOBRA will provide participants with a form to claim the incurred costs.
Please keep all evidences (tickets, boarding passes, receipts, etc.) as they will be needed together with the cost claim.
1.2.1 EXPECTED RESULTS and OUTCOMES
The travel vouchers must reinforce or contribute to the establishment of cooperation links between innovation actors from Europe and Brazil.
Grants beneficiaries need to:
- Attend INCOBRA info session;
- Run a minimum of 5 meetings during the brokerage event;
- Take part into the Open Startups Exhibition;
- Complete a short follow-on report (activity report and expenses report to get the reimbursement)
1.3 | HOW TO APPLY?
Interested SMEs need to fill in their Expression of Interest by May 31st 2017 (11.59 pm CET)
Please access the Apllication Form here: http://web.spi.pt/forms/incobra-travel-vouchers
The application needs to be written in English (as English is the official language of EBN Congress 2017).
1.3.1 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Only the following applications will be eligible:
- Complete applications
- Submitted in English
- Submitted by either Brazilian or European SMEs
- Targeting the priority areas mentioned above
- Responding clearly to the objectives of the call
- Received in time, before the deadline
1.3.2 SELECTION CRITERIA
As far as all conditions above are matched, INCOBRA will assign the travel vouchers based on a few selection criteria mainly focusing on previous and ongoing experience in international activities and/or projects, and potential for future international cooperation.
Interest in EU-BR cooperation
Previous/current experience in international activities and/or projects
Relevant partners in BR or EU
1.3.3 EVALUATION COMMITTEE
Representatives of the INCOBRA consortium, under the control of INCOBRA Project Officer.
Organizations part of the Committee are: EBN, IASP, ABIPTI, SPI
Launch of the call
18th May 2017
Latest deadline for submission of applications
31st May 2017
Publication of the results on INCOBRA website
9th June 2017
31st August 2017
For any information, please contact: